Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cloth dipes and more

We are converting to cloth diapers. They are a lot more fun than they used to be. They have snaps and velcro and a waterproof cover built in to the diaper itself. It is a slow process because 1) They are expensive initially, but save money in the end. 2) I bought 5 different kinds to see what I would like best. I am figuring out that you need different diapers for different situations, like nighttime. I even bought the old fashioned prefolds with covers! But, the covers have velcro fasteners and instead of pins you use a Snappi to fasten the cloth underneath the cover. That is the cheapest option. They also really come out clean in the wash! Even the really poopy ones! It's a cold rinse, hot wash, and another cold rinse then in the dryer they go! So easy.

We are about to add meats into the food rotation. I will make it for her. Since we feed Gerber meat jars to the animals at work, I can't imagine feeding it to Jade. It's pet food to me. So far she tolerates green beans, avocados, and carrots. We are holding off of fruits until she is about a year old. Grains will come in around 10 months. So much fun!

She is having what one of my friends nicely termed a "wonder week". She is about to do something developmentally and has gotten clingy and her sleep is disrupted. She did this right before she sat up by herself, so I know it doesn't last. She has started rolling all over the place today!

No comments: